Hello Friends ,
Make the used useful....Glass bottle converted to beautiful flower vase or Home decor .. Simple and easy concept for beginners and kids. Bottle Art is a vast subject and there are a lot of ways to decorate and paint these, I have chosen to share a few that I have tried my hands on.
Recycle your Glass bottles and make beautiful decoupaged bottles to decorate your home or office. Here are 3 different bottles given a makeover and dealt differently giving you ideas for the love of Bottle Art and Decoupage decor piece.
Decoupage on Glass bottle with Decoupage Napkins
- The first is a glass bottle on which I worked with a tissue - The first thing I needed to do is to remove the labels. Soaking the bottles in hot water makes this step much easier than trying to scrape dry labels off the bottle.After all the labels were off, and the bottle no longer smelled, I let it dry over night.
- I primed the bottle white with Gesso , It is an important art supply to get your canvas ready for painting. ... Gesso is very similar to white acrylic paint, only thinner. It prepares (or "primes") the surface for painting, making the surface slightly textured and ready to accept acrylic paint. Allow the first coat of Gesso to dry for at least one hour to be sure it will not lift when the next layers are applied.
- I have used a sponge dauber for the purpose of priming and painting here.
- The Decoupage Napkins unlike papers are typical 3 ply[ has 3 layers] or 2 ply 2 layers. Whenever you are decoupaging with napkins you need to remove all the layers except the top design layer and use them.
- My favorite decoupage glue is Mod Podge as I have been using it since long , I have used my paint brush and applied the glue on the circumference of the bottle, placing the napkin perfectly and holding that part down for some time to make sure that it set enough for me to move on to the next section.
- Then I have painted the top neck of the bottle with Golden acrylic paint to match with the design of the napkin.
Decoupage on Glass bottle with Chalk paints
I have followed the same process for this Milk bottle but the only difference is that I have used chalk paints here instead of the acrylic paints as on the first bottle. This bottle was smaller and quicker to finish off with.
Bottle Art Painting
Bottles when painted and used as décor items, add a little charm to the corner where they are placed.
I have hand-painted an Old Monk Rum bottle using Acrylic paints and the center with Chalk paint in pastels. The bottle has a raised design of its own giving a crackle effect hence in-cooperated it for the center also. I have Hand stamped the sentiment on it. I have added a crochet ribbon around its neck and added daisies to match with bottle completing its makeover.
These makeovers were extremely easy and highly satisfying art projects this week for me !
This Mother's Day gift your MOM beautiful handmade gift and make her smile with your creation ! Learn to make these bottles for the Home Decor lover at home or DM me to buy them for her....
To book your spot message me on my Facebook page or mail me at Sharadadilip@gmail.com to schedule as per your requirements so you will be ready on time for the D day [Sunday, May 12, 2019]
That is all for today , Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!