Hello Friends ,
With fathers day round the corner here are cards that I am making for the occasion . You can see all the other fun creations with my son for Father's day HERE
I'm excited to be trying new techniques for my creations , for both my cards I have tried Wet embossing, also called heat embossing, is creating by covering a freshly stamped image with embossing powder and drying with a heat element. You need the embossing powder to stick to the inked image before heating it, so you'll want an ink pad that dries slowly. Pigment ink works well. I have used VersaMark ink pad.
- I started with creating a harsh weather sky as a background in a circle with distress ink .
- I have stamped and coloured the little bear on his tyre with copic markers and fussy cut it .
- I have layered the stamped bear on the tier over the circle with double sided foam tape to a dimension.
- I have added the sentiment from lawn fawn "float my boat" stamp set , I have heat embossed it on a black cardstock .
- The card is completed with the sentiment stamped directly on the card saying "To the best Daddy "
Im playing along - LAWN FAWNATICS CHALLENGE 30 – CARDS FOR GUYS
For this card I have tried no line colouring technique, by heat embossing the shirt stamped images with clear embossing powder. I have then coloured these shirts with zig watercolour brush pens . I have stamped the sentiment and adhered it with a blue cardstock on top of the main card .
I enjoyed trying out new styles on these cards , Yes I will still want to keep getting better and better than what I’m right now, and then better myself some more. But I will do it all whilst having fun. So, I do hope you'll keep joining me throughout to provide support and encouragement as I keep working towards these goals.
Im playing along