Hello Crafty peeps ,
Im at the Mudra blog with a blog post to share some inspirations with Mixed media creations .
Today I'm here to share my trial with textures and colours on a piece of cardboard that was a Cake base ! Interesting piece isn't it , we crafters keep hoarding things like these and much more packaging stuffs thinking of putting them to use some day , and sometime we do :P use them ....
This is how I went about creating on this Cake base
- Prime the cake base with coating of gesso to cover the whole base
- Once it is perfectly dried top a coat of chalk paint , I chose the baby pink shade
- Dried the paint with the heat gun
- Added the sparrow couple on one end and shaded it to match the background
- I have created texture with Mudra's Stencil
- In the meantime I have made ready the Flowers with Mudra Cut3 Gardenia Die set
- The flowers are made with papers from Beary Hugs pattern papers
- To shape all the flowers in this project I have used embossing tools. This helps in giving beautiful creases to the flower petals.
- But because of the thickness they need to be moistened by either misting or dipping in water to allow you to shape and emboss them easily.
- Finally completed the flower by adding gold shaded mist over them and by adding pearls to the centre.
- I have added leafy chipzebs which I have coloured with green mist along with it given some shading and textures .
- The creation is completed with chipzeb Words#1 wordings which I have coloured with distress ink
- The butterfly from Beautiful Butterflies chipzeb is shaded with pink and gold mist to complete the whole look .
I'm all satisfied with the outcome and totally love how Im getting into flower making spree with these !!
2. Rangoli Textured Card
I made a very simple card. I really wanted to highlight the beautiful pattern of the stencil, so I decided to use texture paste and glitter.
- I spread the texture paste and then sprinkled glitter heavily all over.
- Once it was dry, I have added the handmade Mudra Cut3 Gardenia flower.
- I also added a bit of copper colour string behind the Flower .
- To complete the look I have added sentiment from Mixed greetings stamp set .
3. ATC Mixed media creation
Artist trading cards (ATCs) are miniature pieces of art that are traded around the world. The only official rule for ATCs is the size: 2.5″ x 3.5″.
I have worked with Grunge fx 6”x6” Stencil for this Atc and paper scraps from Beary Hugs paper pack for this creation !
- I have spread the texture paste and created the background with Grunge fx 6”x6” Stencil .
- I have used brown and red mist to colour
- I have adhered the mandala piece after the background dried
- Further added handmade flowers made using Mudra Cut3 Gardenia flower die set.
- I have used leafy chipzeb and words chipzeb to create this layout
- Finally sprinkled sequins
Im playing along
That's all from me today , hope to have inspired you all to try these stuffs !