Hello Friends ,
Im back again to inspire you all with my chipboard creation
Today I am on the Itsy bitsy Blog to share a step by step tutorial on making your own Handmade photo frame
I am dedicating this post to all little champs who want to give their best surprises and most valuable gifts to their parents ,friends and get some more ideas on how can we make the best use of our creativity like school projects by making an attractive photo frame.
You will need:
Craft knife (Optional for adults only)
With a little help, older kids can create these frames and gift them to friends and family. There are so many beautiful scrapbook papers available, you won’t be able to stop at just one. Get creative with the embellishments. I used simple painted chipboards but any number of things would be great.
1. Cut a piece of cardboard 9 x 7
2. Measure one inch from the edges all around and cut out. You may use an craft knife but since the scrapbook paper covers the opening, it is not necessary to cut it perfectly. The opening should be about 7"x 5"
3. Cut a piece of scrapbook paper 10"x 10"
4. On the non-colored side, place the cardboard on top and trace the center opening. Measure ½ inch smaller from the marked line around and cut out.
5. Make slits in the paper around the opening of the scrapbook paper to the line that represents the cardboard opening. Add a bit of glue on the edges and fold up the scrapbook paper.
6. On the outer edges fold in at the corners and glue the sides. Mark the traces along the lines of the actual size of the frame. Fold along the traced lines to the inner sides. This will make it easier to paste the former and the latter.
Do this all around to finish. Let dry.
7. Cut another piece of cardboard the same size as the frame and glue on to the back of the frame on three sides only, leaving the top edge unglued.
8. Make a stand and cut out. Fold 1/2” from the top and glue this section to the back. Make sure it is in the correct position for standing. Let dry.
9. When completely dry, glue the corners with embellishments to hide slight imperfections, if any. Slip a photo into the top and enjoy.
You can make it in any shape and any size you want.
Another super idea...Why not dress up your fridge? These are so easy to make and so lightweight that instead of attaching a stand, try gluing a magnet on the back and use it for displaying recent photos
In today’s digital world, we have many ways to wish someone special as my idol of my life but don’t you agree with me handmade crafts are the best and add love and respect into it and make it a special handmade gift.
I am sure implementation of this and similar ideas are very well possible for school projects, birthday gifts, and so many areas.
Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!