Tuesday, September 13, 2016

7 THINGS for Craft Fair display and How to Rock the Craft Show !

Hello Friends,



Starting out a crafting business can be scary. Most of us start online through an Etsy shop (or something similar like Craftsvilla, zibica, shopo, snapdeal, ebay etc ). 

A great way to gain exposure for your company is to showcase at local craft shows and fairs. It’s an opportunity to network and give customers a chance to see, smell touch your products.

Going to a show for the first time can be intimidating. I have been participating in craft shows since 2011 showcasing my handmade cards and paper crafts.  Each time I do I learn something new and some place to improve ! I have always been wanting to pen these experiences down but in-vain It wasn't possible till today when many of friends asked me to do so!



I guess this will help newbies and first timers, as well answer many of your questions and doubts about exhibiting !


What you need to take along with your exhibits ?






1. Buntings and Banners


Who are You? 
When a customer walks by do they know who you are and what you’re selling? Think about a banner or a sign.Make it handmade or get it printed ! 





2. Visiting Cards -
 Keep you contact details available.

get them printed - please avoid giving away paper cutouts - invest in that hard visiting/name card, having your name, phone number, website/email details or make your own!









3. Carry bags - to give away your items in, Carry packaging material  I use the paper bags.









4) Carry a calculator and change  -  carry lots of change depending on the value of your items.






5. A visitor book - for the guests to leave their contact details. Try not to turn down a customer, if something is out of stock, try and convince them that you will deliver as soon as you can.

Note down their contact details, will add to your database and make it a point to connect with them after the event.




6. SMILE: Be friendly, start conversation ‘hello’, SMILE (there is nothing worse than a vendor that seems uninterested, grumpy or bored at their booth, it turns away customers). 






7. Display your products attractively to grab the customers eye
To look professional hand out invoice or bill.

Most important* carry a tool box to make emergency repairs in case of minor damages due to transfer and handling. Like glue, scissors, tape, trimmer etc.

How to Rock the Craft Show !

  1. Prepare your check list earlier and make sure you pack them along, the day before.
  2. Label everything with prices . Have variety in pricing ie don't have everything the same price. So there is something for everyone
  3. Carry water and snacks and a portable seat if not provided.  
  4.  Wear comfortable shoes. You have to pretty much stand the whole day. 
  5. Carry extra old newspapers. space is limited and you have to keep putting things in the floor. 
  6.  If you are outdoors keep some insect repellent for later in the evening.
  7. Reach early so you get time for arrangement.
  8. Make sure you have arranged proper transport to carry things before and after
  9.  Make something small for the visitors to carry with them, so they will cherish it ( It helps to spread word about you too ;)) 
  10.  Don't leave your stall Unattended during lunch/ break hours, have someone helpful with you. It would be very very helpful if you can take a friend along!

Most important point of all, have fun, smile and welcome visitors... 


Ps adding this from the comments I received -

DEMO YOUR PRODUCT: (ie. if you sell jewelry wear it, demo your products if you can) – have a sample out that people can touch, feel, taste.

Juhi Khanna says Great tips Sharada, couldn't agree more! Thanks for sharing! Another way to make people inquisitive about your work is to work on some project while waiting for customers, it can anything simple like making an ink blended background or some coloring, people want to know more about how you actually make the stuff you sell!




Totally agree with her !! This is an awesome tip !

Now that you have the tips .. I encourage you to apply to a local craft show in your area.Wishing you all the best and let me know how it goes !!



I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback.
Good day







Regards
Sharada Dilip
















24 comments:

  1. Such a generous heart you have Sharada...such practical and important tips
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for dropping in and commenting !

      Delete
  2. Great tips Sharada, couldn't agree more! Thanks for sharing! Another way to make people inquisitive about your work is to work on some project while waiting for customers, it can anything simple like making an ink blended background or some coloring, people want to know more about how you actually make the stuff you sell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you!! This is an awesome tip adding this to the write up !
      Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!

      Delete
  3. Great tips Sharada! Thanks for sharing! LOVE your displays here! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!

      Delete
  4. Great tips Sharda, one more thing I need to ask is how do I price my product and how much stuff should I have before getting into a Craft fair...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Material cost + Labour + Surcharge + Profit = your bulk price (B)
      and B + profit = your retail price.

      Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog

      Delete
  5. Wow.. Wonderful tips Sharada.. Thanks a lot for sharing.. I am putting my first stall here in UK during first week of October and I am quite nervous..this will surely help..:).. Thanks a lot dear..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you all the best and let me know how it goes !!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing!!! This will be very much helpful for my forthcoming exhibitions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you all the best and let me know how it goes !!

      Delete
  7. That was very useful info.thanks for sharing!!n keep up your good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog

      Delete
  8. Very useful information....thanks for sharing sharada...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog

      Delete
  10. Really wonderful tips Sharada!! Thanks for leaving comments on my blog.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog:) UR comments mean a lot!!

Featured Post

We’re Seeing Stars

Hi friends,  Today I have a card I made with the Somebunny I Love set from My Favorite Things. Card 1  I  I have ...