Friday, May 20, 2016

Celebrating 5 years of HappyMomentzz Part 4

Hi All,

Happiness is meant to be Shared 

HappyMomentzz 5th Anniversary Celebrations is on 







and Today on my blog we have very well known Craft personality sharing a Tutorial inspiration with you all 

None other than Priya Sondhi




Over to Priya now

Hi All,
I was thrilled when Sharada asked me to be a guest blogger for her month celebrations as her brand "Happy Momentzz" is turning 5 this month!! 

Isn't it amazing? Congratulations Sharada! Now a little bit about me. 
I am Priya Sondhi from Priya-n-Papers!  I love all things papers! I started my paper crafting journey roughly 6 years back. I make cards, bookmarks, boxes, altered items, home decor, etc. I have been blogging for about 5 years now. I love making cards for my friends and family. The joy you get in sending some handmade love is priceless. I love trying out new techniques and try to stretch my supplies as much as possible. 


Today I have something really interesting to share on how to make stunning backgrounds/papers for your projects by using very basic supplies. I have created a step by step tutorial for you to create 3 stunning backgrounds; stripes with gradient, zig zag background and rays background. Let's get started!


Making backgrounds using distress inks and Post-it notes :

1. Gather your supplies : you would need white cardstock, 2 distress inks (I used Peacock Feather and Mustered Seeds) and post it notes! That's it!




2. Background # 1 - Making Stripy with gradient : To make a strip of one color, keep 1 inch open and mask rest of the area with post it notes. Now, ink/blend peackcock feather starting from left to right. The key to add nice gradient is to put more pressure on left once you start and release the pressure on the paper while blending the ink from left to right.
Now, to add adjacent strip, take another 2 post it notes. stick one where blue color ends, keep 1 inch open for blending and hide the rest with seconf post it note. to add more fun, I altered the blending starting point. i.e. for blue, I started from the left and for yellow I started from the right. Here is a picture tutorial to help you understand the process better.




3. Background # 2 - Zig Zag blocks : 
To create zig zag blocks, the key is no measurement! keep altering the width of the block from left to right and right to left for next block. It's really a fun technique where you can end up creating different backgrounds each time you zig zag between the widths. you can 3rd color if you want to or can also make a Rainbow effect! Here is the step by step tutorial for you. 




4.  Background # 3 - Fun Rays: 
 I was scared before trying it. But believe me, it's easier than the other two backgrounds as you only need to concentrate on center point of rays. Follow the pictorial below for start to finish. The key to make a ray is stick 2 post it note in V shape, where tip of V will be the source of rays and you can widen the V as per your choice. To make next ray, stick the post it to the end of previous way. Again the tip of V should be same for all rays. For diffused rays effect, I applied more pressure towards the tip of V and started releasing the pressure as I move upwards.



Here are the finished cards I made using these fun backgrounds. I kept it simple by just adding stamped/colored images and sentiment from MFT's Adorable Elephants stamps set.


Aww they are soo adorable !!

Thanks Priya for all the love and support !

We have  5 prizes worth rs 1000/- each to be won 

 SPONSORED BY Our fabulous sponsors Itsy- Bitsy !! 






To be a part of this giveaway all you need to do is ....


1. Like the page HappyMomentzz By Sharada Dilip as well share the Page on your timeline ( settings should be on public mode )
2. Follow me on Pinterest -https://in.pinterest.com/sharadadilip/





Share and invite your friends as much as you can . The more you invite and share your chances of winning this giveaway will be more . 

5 Contestants who follows all the rules and share maximum posts and invite maximum friends to our page will be the winner. 

Please comment On 

Celebrating 5 years of HappyMomentzz 

after all the steps are done !!
Good Luck
Sharada Dilip 

25 comments:

  1. Wow..beautiful cards priya..they are so so cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  2. Very helpful tutorial... the technique you used to get the background is super cool.. thanks for the tutorial....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..wonderful and so adorable cards Priya...TFS the steps to create such beautiful BG :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  5. I always loved her beautiful subtle backgrounds... So yummm.. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  6. Priya, you make really gorgeous cards! Loved the technique you have used here! Thank you Sharada for organizing this event! We are enjoying it! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  7. Wow! Such super rays effect with glow and love the way you explain so clearly! Awesome creations! Thanks for sharing your talent Priya and Thanks Sharada to invite her as GDT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  8. Wow this is amazing n thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  9. Wow! These cards are totally fabulous, Priya. Loved your tutorial too. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  10. Awesome cards Priya ! loved the techniques to create backgrounds that with basic supplies !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  11. Wow! Awesome cards, gorgeous, gorgeous backgrounds. I'm a huge admirer of your work especially those gorgeous inked backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  12. Beautiful techniques Priya!! Loved all the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great to see you here !!Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete
  13. This is sooo interesting! Simple yet a very handy technique. Loved the effect! Very kewt cards. Thanks for such a lovely tutorial :).
    - Khushboo Gandhi (Snowflakes and Lilies)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in at my celebration !

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog:) UR comments mean a lot!!

Featured Post

Quick 3 cards in 5 mins

Hello peeps ,  3 cards in 5 mins and I love using the flower collections from Itsy Bitsy ,  I always think it helps me put together ...