Celebrating 5 years of HappyMomentzz Part 4
Happiness is meant to be Shared
HappyMomentzz 5th Anniversary Celebrations is on
and Today on my blog we have very well known Craft personality sharing a Tutorial inspiration with you all
None other than Priya Sondhi
Over to Priya now
I was thrilled when Sharada asked me to be a guest blogger for her month celebrations as her brand "Happy Momentzz" is turning 5 this month!!
Isn't it amazing? Congratulations Sharada! Now a little bit about me.
I am Priya Sondhi from Priya-n-Papers! I love all things papers! I started my paper crafting journey roughly 6 years back. I make cards, bookmarks, boxes, altered items, home decor, etc. I have been blogging for about 5 years now. I love making cards for my friends and family. The joy you get in sending some handmade love is priceless. I love trying out new techniques and try to stretch my supplies as much as possible.
Blog : priya-n-papers.blogspot.com
FB Page : www.facebook.com/priya.and.
Today I have something really interesting to share on how to make stunning backgrounds/papers for your projects by using very basic supplies. I have created a step by step tutorial for you to create 3 stunning backgrounds; stripes with gradient, zig zag background and rays background. Let's get started!
Making backgrounds using distress inks and Post-it notes :
1. Gather your supplies : you would need white cardstock, 2 distress inks (I used Peacock Feather and Mustered Seeds) and post it notes! That's it!
2. Background # 1 - Making Stripy with gradient : To make a strip of one color, keep 1 inch open and mask rest of the area with post it notes. Now, ink/blend peackcock feather starting from left to right. The key to add nice gradient is to put more pressure on left once you start and release the pressure on the paper while blending the ink from left to right.
Now, to add adjacent strip, take another 2 post it notes. stick one where blue color ends, keep 1 inch open for blending and hide the rest with seconf post it note. to add more fun, I altered the blending starting point. i.e. for blue, I started from the left and for yellow I started from the right. Here is a picture tutorial to help you understand the process better.
3. Background # 2 - Zig Zag blocks :
To create zig zag blocks, the key is no measurement! keep altering the width of the block from left to right and right to left for next block. It's really a fun technique where you can end up creating different backgrounds each time you zig zag between the widths. you can 3rd color if you want to or can also make a Rainbow effect! Here is the step by step tutorial for you.
4. Background # 3 - Fun Rays:
I was scared before trying it. But believe me, it's easier than the other two backgrounds as you only need to concentrate on center point of rays. Follow the pictorial below for start to finish. The key to make a ray is stick 2 post it note in V shape, where tip of V will be the source of rays and you can widen the V as per your choice. To make next ray, stick the post it to the end of previous way. Again the tip of V should be same for all rays. For diffused rays effect, I applied more pressure towards the tip of V and started releasing the pressure as I move upwards.
Here are the finished cards I made using these fun backgrounds. I kept it simple by just adding stamped/colored images and sentiment from MFT's Adorable Elephants stamps set.
Aww they are soo adorable !!
Thanks Priya for all the love and support !
We have 5 prizes worth rs 1000/- each to be won
SPONSORED BY Our fabulous sponsors Itsy- Bitsy !!
To be a part of this giveaway all you need to do is ....
1. Like the page HappyMomentzz By Sharada Dilip as well share the Page on your timeline ( settings should be on public mode )
2. Follow me on Pinterest -https://in.pinterest.com/sharadadilip/
3. Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/sharadaacharya/
4. Blogger - http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in/
Share and invite your friends as much as you can . The more you invite and share your chances of winning this giveaway will be more .
5 Contestants who follows all the rules and share maximum posts and invite maximum friends to our page will be the winner.
Please comment On
after all the steps are done !!