Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Mixed Media Altered Baby Memory Box

Hello Friends ,




Today I am sharing a Box I have  Altered using Mixed media ! I have been hoarding this box for long with the idea of making a Memory box for my sons little belongings I have treasured . Finally picked up the materials needed and gave it a makeover!!



I painted the box with Gesso so as to help hold all the materials and media I was going to layer on it. I used 3 different pattern paper scraps to cover up the front of the box , the idea was to give an quilted look as a grandmas patchwork quilt!!


After drying the quilted background I layered it with stencil textures ! 
After the drying time inked it all around with the distress ink salty ocean .


 Inside the top layer I have kept it black and used the place to adhere a first picture of my baby with embellishments and stamped sentiments !



Inside of the box I have covered it up with baby boy echo park 3 different Pattern papers and added in the little booties, caps and wrist band along with the onesie passed on to D by his grandmom which actually belongs to my hubby !


Here's a closer look at the flap I have used ribbons and embellished with a Cat as its my sons favourite . Here again I have stamped a sentiment and used charms 





I have used a Snap Card here at the center


 The 3 corners are stenciled with this horse from the nursery stencil collection I had bought to use on the walls of my sons room and which never got done by me :)


Embellished the Top of the box with wooden embellishments 


I am finally happy making something my son is going to treasure and totally had fun making it!!

Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!

Pinterest  | Instagram   Facebook  

Regards

Sharada Dilip

14 comments:

  1. Awwww such a beauty!!!! Loved all the textures layering n quilting.. the idea of a treasure box is so amazing. Going to make one for my daughter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog.

      Delete
  2. Its lovely with all cute embellies and pretty pps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog.

      Delete
  3. Sharada, this is such an amazing altered work. I loved how you've attended to the little details that went into making it. I'm sure your child would treasure this fondly :)
    Thank you for joining us for the recipe challenge at Lulupu. Hope to see you again. Good luck.
    ~Jasleen-- DT | Lulupu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog.

      Delete
  4. Wow too good! I love every minute detail of this box :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog.

      Delete
  5. This is such an adorable box and you have altered it very creatively! Thank u for showcasing your mixed media talent! Hope you will join us in Feb Challenge too! :)
    Suchi - Lulupu DTxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog.

      Delete
  6. Lovely box, Sharada! Thank you for joining us at Lulupu's Challenge #57! :)

    Love,
    Nikita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog.

      Delete
  7. Looks lovely Sharadha, I am sure he will treasure the carefully kept "treasure handovers " from his grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog:) UR comments mean a lot!!

Featured Post

We’re Seeing Stars

Hi friends,  Today I have a card I made with the Somebunny I Love set from My Favorite Things. Card 1  I  I have ...