Followers

Monday, September 14, 2015

Crazy Birds Mixed Media Canvas wall art

Hello Friends ,
I have always loved working with different mediums on Canvas, till lately I dint realise that it was what Mixed media was ! 

Today I have created an Crazy Birds Mixed Media Canvas wall art for my Sons room using Tim holtz crazy bird stamp set! 


A work on canvas that combines paint, ink, and collage could properly be called a "mixed media" work, When creating a painted or photographed work using mixed media it is important to choose the layers carefully and allow enough drying time between the layers to ensure the final work will have structural integrity. If many different media are used it is equally important to choose a sturdy foundation upon which the different layers are imposed.


These stamped images of crazy birds were a sweet swap from a crafter friend Tanvi , I am not  such a big fan of these birds but when I  received it from her my son was all excited and wanted to make it his own ! 

Step by step tutorial


Must say they are a great ones for the mixed media creations !


LOVE THIS TECHNIQUE

I coloured them using my new found love for Soft Pastel chalks, They are easy to colour blend well and when brushed with water blends like a water colour . This did bring in magic and the effect I wanted !



Here I have used a 8x6 Canvas and coloured it with my Maped colour pens smoothy, they are colour crayons that turn into water colours when brushed with water! you can see my few other creations with these pens HERE





My new addition in the craft room is the Gesso, yes I have got it finally and put it in use and loving the effect that formed on the canvas !


Added in some scraps of paper and stencilled them like bricks  for the birds to perch on and finally stamped a few twigs around . These wordings I have hand written !


Given it a 3d effect  with double sided tapes to the birds so that they stand out !

Hope you enjoy it as much I did !
Good Day 

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous wall art...and love the way you have used soft pastels and water color crayons.. :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, Im in love with the soft chalks !Thanks for visiting and commenting :)

      Delete
  2. This is awesome Sharada........you saved these images for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Crazy bird canvas, Sharada, your son must be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thanks soo much gal, coming from the mixed media queen it means a lot to me ! yes indeed he is in love with it !

      Delete
  4. Sharada,
    A lovely tutorial and the background is very creative. The painting of these birds is creative the message very inspirational. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 200th Celebration Week’ challenge!
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project is amazing, however at Anything But Cute this month our theme is Mixed Media MAKEOVER and so, we require that you include a photograph of the item or project that you recycled to make your current piece. Also we need our challenge mentioned and linked back to in the post.
    Hugs, Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous canvas ..... I just love those crazy birds!! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for dropping in and commenting !

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous project, those birds are fab and I love the way you've coloured them too. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for dropping in and commenting !

      Delete
  9. What a fun canvas! Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics September Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for dropping in and commenting !

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog:) UR comments mean a lot!!

Instagram



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...