Followers

Friday, September 6, 2013

Winnie The Pooh quilled name plate



Hello Friends 





Today I have a quilled name plaque in Winnie the Pooh theme !










I am sharing a step by step pictures of making this name plate :) I have used only basic quilling here!















This art is also called Quilling Typography





It requires a lot of patience and nurturing, just as you would take care of a baby. Moreover since it's paper, making corrections is extremely difficult. Everything we do is a learning process and paper has its limitations because it is very fragile.








However, there are also few crucial points I would like to add in keeping your typography neat and tidy:



I like to use PVA white glue for all my typography works. It dries faster and hold your paper pretty nicely. A quick tip: I usually put a dash of pva glue on a paper plate and leave it for a while. By the time I started quilling, the glue would be sticky enough to hold the quilling shapes and dries faster. It would also be easier for you to clean if you mess up. 
If you’re just starting typography, use thicker paper for the typography outline. 
The bigger the letters, the easier it is to quill. So start with big-sized letters. Once you’re familiar with it, you can give smaller-sized letters a try. 
Practice makes perfect. With lots of practices, and researches, I’m pretty sure that you’ll find your own favourite style :) 
Typography quilling is one art that requires lots of patience, and sometimes it took me days, or even weeks to finish (and few papercuts here and there). Don’t easily give up. The above tutorials are THEIR ways of doing it, but you can always bend the ways, and create your own. :) 


Give it a try, and good luck!





This is the name plate after being framed :) The receiver is a 3 yr old toddler n he loved it!!













Here are few of my previous quilled plates 
























Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!








Regards


Sharada Dilip


9 comments:

  1. SUper!! Love the way you did it..Have wanted to quill letters but daunted by the work involved..you make it seem achievable for me too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Doc! I am blushing :) I tried to keep it simple & basic so that I can complete it without loosing interest!

      Delete
  2. lovely work!!
    www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    i gone through your website about Brass Name Plate,its really good.if you want additional information about Brass Name Plate.
    pleasevisit : http://www.spectrasigns.com/products.htm  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharada, thank you so much for your interest in my blog, and kind words..., appreciate that :)
    Quilling is not my forte, but my daughter loves to do that, I showed this post to her, this is adorable! great imagination!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog:) UR comments mean a lot!!

Instagram



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...