Tuesday, July 3, 2012

UPCYCLED FAVOUR BAG

Hello friends ,
I Have waiting to make this from ages but just felt lazy or no need for it & kept pushing it off ............
Finally the day has arrived TODAY I upcycled a Cornflakes box into A Favour Bag / gift bag!!





My Husband had been to Jaipur recently & he has brought a lovely sari for his Mom:)
My M-I-L is visiting us this weekend & I wanted to pack the sari in a beautiful package as she complained that we have been gifting only my FIL with my creations( last 2 blogs have the gifts for him) & nothing been done for her. You can see the sari popping out from the box.


I was searching for ideas when I found a friend "Vidya @ sattvam" making such lovely creations out of these boxes & It just flashed to me that I had just thrown away a box in the morning & 2others ( big one & small one) were to be disposed soon!


 I chose the green theme something close to recycling!!

I picked up the bigger box, covered it with newspaper first as I didnt have any fancy gift wrapping paper around found a colour paper picked up at Itsybitsy last time. Left some space for the newspaper to be seen:)

Added a lace on the top , doiley with scallop , had some punched flower & quilled flower made from waste papers of crafting & 2 lovely dragonflies
Punched both the sides & used ribbons from my collection & Tada......the bags ready!!

My son Dhruv was got excited seeing mom pop up with cardboxes & newspaper , all his favourite play items he too wanted to make but couldnt wait for mom to decorate:)
I drew a flower for hom on the bag as he scribbled his love on the bag & has put his lil teddy bear into it & wants to gift it to Dad!! He feels all his creations belong to Dad:)

I enjoyed making it hope to make many more......
Do share if you have made anything I could just get inspired by them!!

Do drop in @ my blogaversary tooo............!!

Thanks for dropping in,
Good day

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome recycling...love your son's work too..how cute that he is helping momma!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog:) UR comments mean a lot!!

Featured Post

Quick 3 cards in 5 mins

Hello peeps ,  3 cards in 5 mins and I love using the flower collections from Itsy Bitsy ,  I always think it helps me put together ...