Followers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quilled Name plate

Hello friends,

I am learning to quill these days all by myself, wanted to make the first ones for my son.

Made a paper quilled name plate for my son's room!!

This art is also called Quilling Typography


 It requires a lot of patience and nurturing, just as you would take care of a baby. Moreover since it's paper, making corrections is extremely difficult.  Everything we do is a learning process and paper has its limitations because it is very fragile.

QUILLING FOR KIDS ROOM
QUILLED NAME PLATE/BOARD
Name board craft for kids room


 However, there are also few crucial points I would like to add in keeping your typography neat and tidy:

  • I like to use PVA white glue for all my typography works. It dries faster and hold your paper pretty nicely. A quick tip: I usually put a dash of pva glue on a paper plate and leave it for a while. By the time I started quilling, the glue would be sticky enough to hold the quilling shapes and dries faster. It would also be easier for you to clean if you mess up.
  •  If you’re just starting typography, use thicker paper for the typography outline.
  • The bigger the letters, the easier it is to quill. So start with big-sized letters. Once you’re familiar with it, you can give smaller-sized letters a try.
  • Practice makes perfect. With lots of practices, and researches, I’m pretty sure that you’ll find your own favourite style :)
  • Typography quilling is one art that requires lots of patience, and sometimes it took me days, or even weeks to finish (and few papercuts here and there). Don’t easily give up. The above tutorials are THEIR ways of doing it, but you can always bend the ways, and create your own. :)
Give it a try, and  good luck!

Entered the quilling for kids contest - 

Thanks for dropping in:)

If you make something inspired by this do leave ur link on my comments will love to have a look:)

Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. 

Good day


6 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used for Dhruv's nameplate.. I've never tried this type of quilling.. thanks for the inspiration..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback.

      Delete
  2. The quilled name plate looks so beautiful. I am sure it looks even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback.

      Delete
  3. Lovely projects
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog:) UR comments mean a lot!!

Instagram



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...