Followers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Camp 2010- QUILLING & ORIGAMI for Kids

Hello Friends,
I have been learning a new art called quilling.  Along with designing dresses & quilts  I am learning  quilling online through different bloggers :)

Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs.

The paper quilling craze caught me when I was taking up “summer camp” for kids aged 5-10. A glimpse of the projects prepared by the kids @ summer camp 2010. We had to plan 2 different craft projects for the kids and we finalised on  Origami project on sea animals and thats when  Quilling came up in our search.  I had seen my cousin prepare quilled envelopes n cards so I took up the project and it came out well.

Here are the details from the Summer Camp / Workshop conducted



Handmade pamplets for the summer camp displayed at the baords in the society.

Origami Project 
This project has a whale on the top fish swiming through, crab & turle in the shore,
 with dough shells:)

This child wanted to make a dough turtle too along with the shells

Since origami was easy we needed to teach them something new n unique which is not taught in schools.



Quilling came up in our search I had seen my cousin prepare quilled envelops n cards so took up the project n it came out so well.


Quilling was a great hit and here are All the lovely kids with their creations on the last day of class
It was loved by the kids & very much appreciated by the parents.

thanx for dropping in
Good day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog:) UR comments mean a lot!!

Instagram



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...